Welcome to Stats Centre, where you will find data on unemployment, job advertisements, building activity, house prices and a summary of regional economic news.
Click on each Economic Indicator for more detailed statistics and analysis.
Average Weekly Job Ads
New Monthly Online Job Ads
Monthly Domestic Building Activity
Monthly New Dwelling Approvals
Monthly Non-Domestic Building Activity
Quarterly Median House Prices
|September Qtr 2017||$492,000||+3.6%||
Note - Unemployment rate data for Geelong, Victoria and Australia is based on ABS original data (sourced from survey respondents rather than trend or seasonally adjusted data).
The unemployment rate data is also adjusted to a three month rolling average to smooth out some of the volatility in the monthly data.
**includes figures as provided to COGG (may not be subject to stage breakdown)
- Geelong Fast Facts December 2016: the latest snapshot of key economic indicators and regional assets.
- Geelong: Facts at a Glance (map) Nov 2015
Population and Forecast Data
- For related information see our Population and Forecast Data page.
Geelong Economic Profile
- For related industry data see our Geelong Economic Profile website.
Statistics for the Geelong Region
- For detailed statistics for the Geelong region see our Economic Indicators Bulletin page.
- Geelong and the Bellarine Travel Snapshot - June 2017
- National Employment Projections
- Australian Jobs Publication - guide to the Australian labour market.
- Labour Market Information Portal
- Victorian Population Projections
- Consumer confidence - Westpac Australian Economic Reports- Consumer Sentiment
- Business confidence - National Australia Bank Monthly Survey and Economic Outlook
- October 2017 Regional Eeconomic News Summary
- September 2017 Regional Economic News Summary
- August 2017 Regional Economic News Summary
- July 2017 Regional Economic News Summary
- June 2017 Regional Economic News Summary
- May 2017 Rregional Economic News Summary
Subscribe to STATS CENTRE E-NEWSLETTER