Starting or growing a business?

Are you looking to start a business or grow your business? In Geelong, there is access to a range of Government assistance:

Local Government - call Economic Development 03 5272 4888

Economic Development is the point of entry for businesses seeking to establish, grow or invest locally. We make doing business easy through positive leadership, collaboration and innovation.

State Government

Call Business Victoria on 13 22 15 - take your business to the next level with support from the Victorian Government

Call Regional Development Victoria on 5215 6000 - RDV is the lead agency in developing regional and rural Victoria

Federal Government

​Call Small Business Smart Business on 5222 2234 - This program is partly funded by Federal Government and the Geelong Chamber of Commerce. The program has tips, tools and resources to build your business smarter.

Tools and hints from Business Victoria

Visit for more information on:

  • Setting up a business
  • Marketing, sales and online
  • Money, profit and accounting
  • Hiring and managing staff
  • Export and Trade
  • Events, workshops and small business bus
  • Grants and assistance
  • Small Business mentoring service

For a list of Small Business Victoria workshops being held in Geelong check out the Small Business Workshops Program for upcoming events.

Are you a small business looking for advice or support?

There is range of services available for small businesses seeking to establish or grow locally.

For further information please call Economic Development or Download business_assistance_flyer_may_2017.pdf

There's a great range of services on offer in Geelong to kick start your business idea or to take your business to the next level. By subscribing to our newsletter Economic Development will keep you informed of a range of assistance, resources and events for your consideration.

Franchising - is it right for you?

There are pros and cons of franchise ownership

Buying a franchise checklist

Does your business need to obtain any Council permissions?

If you think you need a planning, building or health permit for your business visit the City of Greater Geelong website or contact customer service centre on 5272 5272.